Thursday, May 31, 2018

Driving lessons

So the other day I handed my daughter the keys and asked her to pull the car into the garage.

   She grinned, then took the keys and hurried off to do my bidding, the way every good kid should obey their parents. I grinned too, wondering how long before she came back and asked me some questions. To my surprise, I heard the car start, then saw the vehicle move into the garage.

Not bad for a first try.

Did I mention she is fourteen and about to graduate eighth grade?



   When she came back, she had the oddest look on her face.

"What is it?" I asked.


"You should have told me when you took your foot off the brake the car moves."

Oh yeah, it does, doesn't it.

   I asked her if the car was now in the kitchen (we have an attached garage our kitchen is just behind the garage). She said it wasn't, nor was the tool box standing against the wall directly in front of the car. But we probably need to adjust the parking stop we have on the floor. It's kinda far forward and the car touches the tool box before it stops.

   She also informed me, you have to step on the brake to start the car. Same goes if you want to put the car in drive. Did I know that? It was a bit of a surprise to her. But to her credit, she figured it out. See, I knew I had a smart kid.

   My husband is still giving me "that look."

   Hey, gotta start somewhere, right? I mean, it's not like I asked her to go an pick up a gallon of milk or anything. What's he going to do when she needs to merge onto the expressway?


   Uh-oh, I think he just passed out.


   Guess I had better get ready for the graduation tonight! High school adventures here we come!!!

2 comments:

  1. 🤣🤣🤣 You have a very clever girl! I love your witty style of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and new initiatives in the same niche. Blog gave us useful information to work. You have done an amazing job! Drive test

    ReplyDelete